Thursday, July 10, 2008

$Million idea #3

Idea: Shower-only gym memberships

So this one probably isn't going to make someone $1,000,000 but it would be extremely useful to people like me which is really all that matters, right? Right.

I have this thing where I can't get myself to pay $80/mth to workout indoors surrounded by smelly sweaty people and artificial light. Treadmills will never compare to running outdoors on a sunny day. I usually don't get home till after 6 when daylight is dwindling so I'd love to just take my lunch break and go for a run but my co-workers having this thing about not smelling. When are gyms going to start offering shower-only memberships for $5 or $10/mth -- I'd totally pay that. Plus, you would be getting me in the door which means I am easier to market to, more willing to buy extra stuff, and greatly increases my chances of upgrading to a full membership. Win, win.

The only thing that they would have to change is how they police their workout rooms to make sure shower-only customers aren't sneaking in. Simple, make little silicone bracelets for customers allowed to work out and hand them out with their memberships. What do those cost to make, $0.30 a piece? Done and done. Someone get on this, please?

1 comment:

ANG* said...

i've never showered at my gym. why would you go somewhere just to shower? do you really have an apartment or are you actually living on the streets?